Tuesday 17 April 2007

The daily post challenge

I told some friends that I would try and post more often but I have a feeling that it is going to be harder than I think. Recently, on another blog I was reading, the author mentioned a friend of his was doing a "30 posts in 30 days" challenge. At the time I thought "yeah, so?" Right now I'm thinking "ooohhh, that'd be hard!"

I have things that I'd like to post. Very specific things. But they are long, or of a very certain mood or feeling, or I'm not quite sure how I'd word them. And this post right now is already feeling like a little bit of a cop out. I am posting about posting. That's not very interesting. I am going to step away from the computer and come up with something more interesting.

Alright, I'm back. Gotta love the non-time lapse, time lapse. What was an hour to me wasn't even a blip to you. Ok that was such a lie....I actually never even stopped typing.

Here is what I am going to post about today....

I got invited to a dance party and I am supposed to bring my top ten favourite dance songs. Talk about a challenge. I can go two ways on this. I can either have a really hard time narrowing it down to ten, or I can eliminate almost all of them because they are weird or long or only I love them and then I struggle to round out the ten.

Oh the pressure. It's like making a mix tape for someone you like. It's always more about you than it is about the person you are giving it to. You want to show them how cool you are and how interesting and eclectic your musical tastes are.

I was going to do a list here of 'off the top of my head these would be my top ten dance songs...' but it turned out to be way too hard. They are mostly old songs. I kept judging them and taking them off the list and then adding them back on the list. I guess now I owe you that list anyways so here it is...

Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
Getting Jiggy With It - Will Smith
Holiday - Madonna
Can I Kick It - A Tribe Called Quest
I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
Rock DJ - Robbie Williams
Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
Route 66 - Depeche Mode
Hips Don't Lie - Shakira

I'll let you know what my actual list turns out to be when the party rolls around. It's not until mid May though so you'll have a long wait!

Feel free to give me suggestions of good, fun dance songs.

2 comments:

Next in Line said...

Hi Karli,

I finally got gmail just so I can add my comments to your blog :)
My new favorite dance songs are:
Jeanne Mas & DJ Esteban: Hoop Hoop from The Missing Flowers
Nan: Hula Hoop
Fatboy Slim "That Old Pair of Jeans."

Emily
ps the last two are on YouTube http://www.hooping.org/archives/cat_sounds.html

kt said...

I'll go check these out and maybe they'll bump other ones off my list. Thanks for the suggestions!