Thursday 21 February 2008

It's all coming together.

Well, I am still on a roll. All of my spare time over the past week has been spent on cleaning, purging and organizing. Even my dreams have been about letting go and/or hoarding.

My bedroom looks great and I am thrilled with it. My bed is so comfy and luxurious now. I hung new pictures, bought new plants, got rid of things I didn't love and moved the things I do love to the forefront. I keep walking in there just to look at it.

I bought a new kitchen table off of Craigslist and then picked up the perfect chairs for it from Ikea. When I got the table home, it didn't fit where I though it would and so I had to (got to) rearrange the layout of my apartment. I am loving the new setup of my space now too. It feels good, clean and simple.

I still have too much stuff and am getting rid of things in stages. I wouldn't call myself a hoarder by any definition of the word but I do like to hang on to certain things out of sentimentality. I have been letting a lot of those things go this week. I am learning that the thing isn't what is special. It's the memories that hold the meaning.

No comments: