Monday 5 January 2009

A mish-mash of topics that start with the letter W.

Getting up this morning seemed almost impossible. I have had a few weeks of sleeping til 9ish and today my alarm was set for 5:45. Plus this snow! Oy vey! (ok, I just looked up oy vey on dictionary.com to make sure I spelled it right and it directed me to look up Oy and the example sentence they gave was ... "It is snowing again! Oy!"- how fitting).

Seriously though, this weather can kiss my ass. Every single time it snows I am surprised. I phone someone and say "I thought we were done!" Aren't we done yet? I also have fully embraced looking up to the sky, shaking my fist and saying 'bullsh*t!" every time it starts up again. My complaining is, in part, just for the fun of it. But really I would be so happy if the roads were cleared (side streets too), sidewalks shovelled, and the giant drifts on the sides of roads had pathways shovelled through them every once in awhile. Oh, and I had an easy place to park my car. With those 4 things, it could snow til March and I'd be fine with it. I'd probably still be surprised every time it started up again and I'd probably still shake my fist in the air and say 'bullsh*t!" because it is fun to do.

In other news, I bought myself a Wii. So at least now I have something to keep me active and entertained at home while the weather outside keeps me indoors. I spent about 40 minutes last night trying out the bowling, baseball and tennis. I am excited to do the boxing and try out the Wii-Fit...hula hooping, tightrope walking and ski jumping here I come!

No comments: