Saturday 24 February 2007

mondonation

This website www.mondonation.com is a really great charity site where you get to make a shirt and wear your beliefs. The shirts say believe on the front and then on the back you write whatever your belief is. There is a page on the site, of beliefs that people have had put on shirts...some are funny, some are serious...there's a pretty huge range of statements from "I believe my mother screens my calls" to "I believe in me" or "I believe he dumped me for her...and karma's a bitch" and "I believe that it is our light and not our darkness that scares us the most"

I love the idea of having your belief printed on a shirt for the world to see. I had one made for myself and one made for ST for her birthday. Mine says "i believe i will find true love" and st's says "i believe in love, i believe in miracles"

Now the second great part of this website is that you get to pick a charity and part of the proceeds of your purchase go to that charity. For an extra $7 you can have the name of the charity printed on the sleeve of your shirt so that you can, again, wear your beliefs.

If a shirt isn't your thing then you can also get pillowcases with your belief printed on them. JM's witty suggestion for this was "I believe my head goes here." I am going to email mondonation and let them know that if they start offering hoodies or yoga jackets that I'll probably buy dozens of them.

So please check out the site. Buy a shirt and show the world what you believe in!

No comments: