Friday 6 March 2009

Nanoose Bay

Ahhhhhh.....I love getting away and I really don't do it often enough. My sisters and I are over visiting my dad and step mom in Nanoose Bay. They have a beautiful house that overlooks the ocean and the view is spectacular. The last time I was here, this was an entirely different house. They have been renovating for two years and the changes are drastic and amazing.

We arrived around 9 o'clock last night, got the grand tour of the house and then settled in with some wine and a visit. By midnight, I was done for and had to go to bed. I made may way to the room I'd be sharing with my sisters and sussed out the best place to sleep. I crawled into the cozy bed and just as I was drifting off to sleep I could hear Stef singing her best impersonation of Jennifer Hudson as Effie in Dreamgirls.

"No, no, no no way....I'm not living without yoooouu."

I smiled and snuggled deeper into my feather bed. Moments later, I heard the familiar Dreamworks intro and then the volume jumped up to a wall rattling decibel as the bass-filled beginning of Dreamgirls started. The smile faded and I groaned and rolled over as I thought 'how long can this last?'

Two hours, turned out to be the answer. Granted, the volume went down after about 5 minutes to a lovely not-going-to-keep-me-awake level. At 2am, Lisa and Stef snuck into the room all giggles and loud whispers. Stef came over, adjusted my blankets and tucked me in.

"We watched Dreamgirls." She whispered.

"I know." I deadpanned.

She laughed. "Was it loud? Susan made dad turn it down."

"Thank you Susan!"

Thank you to both dad and Susan for having us over here. It is a beautiful, perfect getaway!

I am going to go lounge and sip coffee while looking out at the ocean and get ready for my afternoon at the spa.

Like I said at the beginning of this post....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: