Monday 27 April 2009

Blossom

Alright, so after a weekend of deep breathing and getting some perspective and space from the whole situation, I am doing quite well today.

It has been such a beautiful week and I am loving it. Part of what I love is that while being this sunny it is still quite cool out. And I seem to have awakened some long dormant love and passion for walking that I didn't know existed in me. In the past week, I have gone on 3 or 4 walks that hit the two hour mark. I just feel like walking all the time and while I'm walking I don't want to stop.

It's a combo of the fresh air, the sunshine and the endorphins but I think an even bigger part of it is, that while I am walking, I am having really great and inspiring conversations. Stefanie has been my walking partner and we are so like-minded on this spiritual path that we can just bounce our thoughts and ideas off of each other quite effortlessly. I have been getting more and more excited about my life and all of the things I can do with it.

I still feel the angst, nervousness and fears around moving, taxes and money but I am also figuring out my bigger picture and what I am being called to do here in the world. I am learning how to not focus on the fear and instead look at the world around me and focus on the possibilities and potential.

In the past week of our walking, Stefanie and I have seen herons, eagles, turtles, a seal, bunnies and countless cute dogs. We have seen beautiful sunsets, cherry blossoms, blooming magnolia trees, friends having bbqs and couples walking hand in hand. We have walked in the rain, in the noonday sun, in twilight and through the canopy of a forest. We have been a shoulder for each other, offering up support and compassion. We have been inspiration for each other, offering up insights and enthusiasm. We have been sounding boards for ideas and nurturers of creativity. We have broken into song and fits of giggles.

My life is changing and I am realizing that it's because I have changed. The thought of the day email for today is "You can't move forward until you let go of where you are." I always wanted to be able to move forward while still keeping one foot in the past as a back up, just in case. I think I am finally learning how to let go and step forward with both feet. I still think it's scary, but it's less scary than standing still.

There is a quote by Anais Nin that I have recently discovered and fully embraced. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

I think this is my time to blossom!

No comments: