Wednesday 25 July 2007

Holy Headache

I had a hideous headache today. I am actually amazed that it is finally gone right now. It started early on this afternoon and just kept getting worse and worse. I didn't have any advil on me and didn't try too hard to track any down because I don't like taking it very often. I was out most of the day for work and by the time I was driving home, my head was aching so badly that I felt sick to my stomach.

I don't really get headaches very often, especially such awful ones. I came home, popped two advil and lay down for half an hour. I just got up about 10 minutes ago and had something to eat and I feel pretty good.

So I am heading over to LT and JDub's place to watch the fireworks, which I was sure I wouldn't be able to do with a splitting headache.

Why do I resist painkillers? I almost never ever take them so I should feel very comfortable taking them when I need them. It's funny because I don't have the same resistance to cold meds. I will happily drink neo citron to help me sleep or take a swig of Ny Quil if I need it. This policy might need some rethinking.

No comments: