Tuesday 7 August 2007

Guitar hero

I just got home from spending my day with JM. We went to a matinee of The Bourne Ultimatum - so much fun!! I love the Bourne movies and it's my favourite capacity for watching Matt Damon. He just is Jason Bourne. JM turned to me very early on in the movie and whispered "I LOVE this movie!" For added effect he shook his fists and grinned maniacally.

We parted ways with TT who had joined us for the movie and JM and I wandered around Broadway and Future Shop looking for nothing in particular. We checked out Guitar Hero because I can't believe he hasn't bought it already. He bought a guitar a couple weeks ago and has been trying to teach himself how to play. He cut out acoustic and went straight for electric. Now whenever I call him and ask what he's doing, he usually answers quite sheepishly "playin guitar."

We wandered down to the Noodle Box (yum) and got some food to take back to JM's place. We watched 300 (which I love) and I talked to the movie and cheered in all the best places. I have found I like to repeat great lines back to the screen when I see movies. I have to do it in the voice the actor delivered the lines in - accents and intonation. I am capable of just thinking these thoughts but it makes JM laugh so I say them out loud when it's just us.

300 spoiler alert (if you care)

So I was saying such fun things as,
"The beasts were clumsy and the dead were slippery."
"Tonight we dine in Hell"
"Give them nothing! But take from them everything!" - one of the best lines ever!
"THIS IS SPARTA!"
and my favourite lines and moment in the movie after a soldier loses an eye
"Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless." : "Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare." (I like to cheer at Dilios's great attitude here)

Near the end when the two main warriors are dying they have this conversation...
Stelios; "It is an honor to die at your side."
Leonidas; "It is an honor to have lived at yours."

I told JM we should say this to each other when one of us dies.

Is it strange how much I enjoy this movie?

After 300, I was getting ready to leave when JM picked up his guitar to practice and all of a sudden I had a burning desire to try it. I don't think I've ever held an electric guitar before. I put it on, JM plugged me in, handed me the pick and I tentatively swept my hands over the strings....and missed them. Oops, kind of embarrassing. I tried again and connected this time. I'd still be there playing if I didn't need to feed Cooper. So much fun.

JM thinks I'm turning into him. He might be right.

No comments: