Friday 3 August 2007

Oops, we're at 99 now.

So as I joyfully celebrated the last post as my 100th, it turns out that it was actually only my 98th post. The webpage that I see after I sign in tells me how many posts there are and it takes into account saved drafts that were never published. So in fact this is my 99th post and I can recreate the excitement next time for the 100th.

I had signed in today with the intention of making a big announcement, but since the next post will be 100, I think I'll hold off and keep my news until then. This will just be my teaser announcement. I have big news y'all.

hmmmm, now I don't know what to write about. So instead of writing anything I am going to share something fun from someone else. The website is xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm math and language by Randall Munroe. I check it daily and generally enjoy it quite a bit. I have learned over the recent months that I am way more of a geek than I thought I was. I mean, I always knew I was a geek, but I really, really am. I like math and numbers and science and Wil Wheaton (http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/).


The webcomic is by a geek and it's about geek things but it also about real things and I find there are some I love and relate to. So I am going to share some of them here with you. Here's the link to his web comic if you want to check it out. Hopefully these show up big enough to read...

















This next one in particualr speaks to me because I see patterns in floor tiles and my brain always wants to walk in a way that follows them and my social awareness stops me from doing it. When I worked at LL, I used to sweep the floor following the tile pattern. How could I not!?









As for this next one, anyone who has ever walked with me can tell you that I always talk to cats as I get closer to them and say ridiculous things like "you're a kitty". Again...how could I not!?

No comments: