Tuesday 21 August 2007

Superbad is Supergood

Tomorrow is the road trip and I am pretty excited about it. ST and I are going to be driving up with TT tomorrow in the early afternoon. JM and his girlfriend S, will be driving up not far behind us. LT and JDub are already up there. JM and TT's cousin from Australia and his wife will be in Vancouver and are going to drive up to be with us on Friday for the weekend. We will also hopefully get to see some friends from Calgary who are going to be in Penticton for Iron Man. I think we are going to have a great time.

I have been cleaning my place because it's always nice to come home to a clean, fresh apartment. It's funny that I'll spend more time cleaning for going away than I will if I were staying home. So far so good though. I should be able to spend the rest of my night tonight relaxing alone before the craziness of being around a group of people 24/7 for the next 5 days.

I am taking painkillers and antibiotics and have been told not to imbibe too much (or at all) so this could put a small damper on my winery tour. Either that or I spend the weekend being a bit loopy (call me Paula Abdul). I have been instructed to drink plenty (PLENTY) of water if I do drink any booze and to take probiotics as well to combat the negative aspects of antibiotics.

If you are wondering why I am taking painkillers and antibiotics, I will tell you. I spent many, many hours in a dentist chair last week and narrowly avoided a root canal. But since the appointment, I have had some pretty serious pain. There are actually a number of reasons I could be in pain but the most likely one seems to be that because the cavity was so deep, the nerve is irritated and inflamed. The antibiotics are preemptive in case she got to the cavity too late and the bacteria got into the root of my tooth. There you have my tooth woes.

Well, time for me to wash some dishes and take out the recycling. It's going to be lovely coming home to such a fresh and clean apartment! I will post from Peachland if I can!

Right, I almost forgot to reference the title of this post. I saw Superbad this weekend and I LOVED it. It really is Supergood!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey karli -- this is a very convenient way to get updates ... much more so than playing phone-tag or what have you. Well, I hope you have a really good road-trip and I know what you mean about coming home to a clean house, it's always a nice feeling.

I too being a creative type don't keep my house as clean as it always should be, but it's always a nice feeling to have a clean house when it is clean.

Haven't seen Superbad and probably won't because to this day my mom's conservative anti-profanity stance seems to have striken me, but I've heard it's really cleverly written and a good movie nonetheless, kind of like 'Knocked Up' (which I also haven't seen). I just don't know if I could get past the crude jokes (as lame as that might sound :(

Anyway keep in touch and keep blogging, glad I got you hooked it's a good thing to do when you're a writer ;) :)

Anonymous said...

hehe you'll notice i comment on blogs often. I usually like to get feedback on stuff I've written so figure I do the same for other people. Plus I just like commenting and sharing my own ideas and stuff. :D

Next in Line said...

Oh that dentist situation... I am so sure that this is better than a root canal, but not too fun. You have inspired me to go and give my teeth a little brush and floss.