Friday 4 January 2008

My favourite movies of 2007

I see a lot of movies. I quite love movies and I love the whole experience of going to see them in the theater. When I rent movies, I can't sit still long enough. I'm up constantly; checking my email, getting something to drink, running to the bathroom, doing my dishes. It's rare for me to get fully engrossed in a movie I have rented at home.

A couple of days ago, I tried to compile a list of my favourite movies from 2007. What I found was this, what I deem to be some of my favourites are not what I deem to be some of the best. So my list is long. it is not only the best movies of 2007 but also my favourites. There are also a few movies on my list that actually came out in 2006 but they made the cut because I did not actually see them until sometime in 2007.

This year I am actually keeping a list of movies I see, when I see them so that in December I don't give myself a migraine trying to remember all the movies I've seen. It is January 5th today and already I've seen 7 movies this year. 3 new and 4 old. But that's next years list.

My favourite movies from 2007 are; in no particular order (too hard to do)

once
juno
the lives of others
across the universe
superbad
knocked up
children of men
stranger than fiction
hairspray
300
pans labyrinth
the bourne ultimatum
transformers
dan in real life
lars and the real girl
enchanted
sweeney todd
the darjeeling limited
music and lyrics
live free or die hard

No Country for Old Men should probably be on this list but I kinda shot myself in the foot with that one. I blogged about being nervous to see it what with it being potentially violent and bloody so I read the entire story on themoviespoiler.com and ended up knowing everything about the movie before seeing it. I knew exactly what was going to happen and when. It robbed me of being able to really enjoy this movie.

I feel like I am probably missing a few movies that I enjoyed this year and I struggled with putting other ones on the list like Michael Clayton and Fracture. These were good movies and I enjoyed them but I also forgot about them after seeing them.

And then there are the ones that came out in 2007 that I haven't see yet so they won't be on here until my 2008 list comes out.

No comments: