Saturday 19 January 2008

Wolverine or Cyclops?

I rented all of the X-Men movies last night. I have developed a small affection for James Marsden after seeing Hairspray, Enchanted and 27 Dresses, and I wanted to see him in more movies. I checked out his filmography on IMDb to see what else he's done that I can rent and he has been in a lot of things. And a lot of them I have already seen without feeling overly crushy or smitten with him. Even The Notebook. That movie is all about Ryan Gosling for me.

I wasn't in the mood for romance or comedy...it was an action/sci fi/fantasy night through and through. I had a lot to choose from in those categories since it looks like he does a lot of Superhero movies. I've never seen anything in the X-Men series and they keep making movies. Clearly someone thinks they're good.

During my research on IMDb, I saw a question posed by someone on a message board. They asked; Girls? Cyclops or Wolverine? In my mind, I scoffed. Easy answer. Cyclops, who is played by James Marsden, of course. Hugh Jackman is Wolverine and he has never done anything for me.

So I rented all 3 movies and watched the first 2 last night. About halfway through the first movie, I realized how wrong I was. Wolverine is the man! Cyclops is pretty and all but Wolverine ...hello!

The movies are good. I had no idea what to expect and I was entertained. I have them for a week and am not sure when I'll get around to the 3rd movie. Hopefully soon. I've enjoyed the first two. The second more than the first so that's a pretty good pattern to be on, if it lasts.

I'll let you know.

1 comment:

prairieox said...

Cyclops is way too pretty and boring. And he's too young for Jean Gray. Wolverine rocks but I'm for Mystique all the way!