Tuesday 5 June 2007

Cleaning

I am cleaning. Well, not right now. Right now I am writing. But only because I needed a break for a moment.

I just cleaned the cupboard under my sink, which probably hasn't been cleaned since I moved in. (like my passive voice there? I'm outraged! Why hasn't someone cleaned under my sink for me!!) I was doing some other cleaning, reached in under my sink to grab some supplies and saw the most giant silverfish ever. It was the grand-daddy of all silverfish. I killed it with a sponge and then took a closer look at the state of the cupboard. Ironic that the cupboard that holds all of my cleaning supplies is the most filthy of all spaces in my little apartment. So I cleaned it.

It was five minutes of the kind of cleaning that requires gloves, distraction and inner strength. But I did it. Now it's all clean and organized and feels 100 times better. I, however, feel like there are bugs crawling all over my skin and I'm all skeeved out. I'm am going to go and tackle something a little less daunting. Like my toilet.



Here's a pic of the clean cupboard.....you have no idea how gross it really was. I didn't think to take a before picture. Too bad.

No comments: