Monday 7 May 2007

A breezy Monday

It's a really beautiful day out today. It is sunny and the perfect temperature. Warm yet cool. My windows are all wide open and I am cleaning and listening to a mix of good music...Danny Michel, The Blue Alarm, Lily Allen, Blue Rodeo. I am drinking a lot of water and taking a whole bunch of herbs. I am irrigating my sinuses which has become slightly addictive (right dad?)

I was supposed to be back at work today but the student texted me this morning and wasn't going to be in class so I have an unexpected day off. I am trying to make the most of it. Visit with my mom, errands, cleaning etc.

Oh by the way, I rented a ton of movies while I've been sick and I just have to say that Children of Men is incredible. He filmed a lot of the movie in really long elaborate takes and there are two in particular that blew my mind. The first one is in a car and it is some of the most brilliant film-making I have ever seen. The second is near the end of the movie and it is astonishing in it's length. It is 9 minutes without a cut. It's beautiful. I totally recommend seeing this movie. There is an extra on the DVD showing how they filmed the scene in the car...totally amazing!

Alright, this was my procrastination from cleaning so I am going to get back to it.

No comments: